Based in Annecy, France
14th october, 2021
Silicon City is a tribute to the good ol’ city builders from the 90’s. It revisits classic game mechanics such as grid-based playground with procedural development, different types of construction (residential area, public service building, shops and offices, parks and cultural areas) the organization of road traffic and managing the evolution of citizens.
It was in 2016 during a trip around the world that Silicon City was born. Aurélien Jacquot: "The idea of creating my own city builder came to me when I was facing the Hong Kong bay, dazzled by this megalopolis of technology and steel". He has since worked alone and relentlessly on this project until September 2020, when the Polycorne studio was born.
- INDIVIDUALS-CENTRIC: Unique citizens with personal tastes and preferences that will determine their dream job and behavior
- BUILDING CREATION : Procedural building creation offers an infinite number of possibilities in addition to 31 buildings and infrastructure already designed
- IN-GAME TWITTER: Monitor your citizens' tweets to improve their lives as you increase your popularity
- SANDBOX MODE: Create and manage the city of your dreams
- ELECTION SYSTEM: Don't take it easy. Your citizen must vote for you to allow the game to continue
- STORY MODE: (including a tutorial for apprentice mayors) - Build, improve, attract, become a legendary mayor
- RANDOM NATURAL DISASTER: Meteor, devastating Fires, and other crisis to deal with
- MULTIPLAYER : Challenge your friends, unlock bonuses and become the best mayor!
- CAMERA MODE: Watch your city and its inhabitants in the style of city builders from the 80s, 90s, or 00
- CHALLENGES : Try to achieve all challenges to improve your popularity and access new buildings
- REAL-LIKE TRAFFIC : Optimise transport and avoid traffic jams with the Rushhour integration
- DATA-DRIVEN: Access layers of big data that link macro and micro-city management
- MAP GENERATOR - 17,592,186,044,416 maps available. From 32x32 (very small) to 256x256 (large)!
Trailer September 2021 YouTube
Trailer June 2021 YouTube
Challenge v0.31 YouTube
Cameras v0.30 YouTube
Nookrium review (EN) YouTube
holarse review (DE) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at https:.
Polycorne Games is an indie video games studio from Annecy. We put gameplay innovation at the heart of our projects. We encourage creativity within our team to produce a unique gaming experience. We were born gamers and have a real passion for video games and their mechanics. Polycorne shares these values by contributing to management games projects with innovative concepts.
More information on Polycorne, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Silicon City Credits
CEO, co-founder and developper, Polycorne
Art director, co-founder and developper, Polycorne